Monday, June 1, 2009

Run Like a Girl 8k

What an amazing day! I know this isn't really Sunnygirl Sign related however I just had to write about the Run Like a Girl 8k Women's Only Race that I ran with my almost 10 year old girl. Over 2,000 women and girls ran, jogged, and walked through the woods and fields, five miles to benefit Ovarian Cancer research. I'm not an athlete and wish I exercised more regularly so I was curious to see how I might survive this adventure. The energy was overwhelming and the positive spirits of everyone involved helped us make it to the finish in less time that we ever imagined! I encourage everyone to check out this super fun race, no matter your age or ability level-find out that you really can do anything you make up your mind to do. I can't wait for next year! I take my tired legs and achy knees back to the studio-it was very worth it!

No comments:


Sunnygirl Sign-done and ready to mail!

ShareThis

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope to paint for you sometime really soon!
Elizabeth